Stonewall Farm operates a market garden style CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program that also serves as a demonstration site for regenerative farming. 2023 CSA Membership includes a 22-week share of certified organic seasonal veggies, herbs, berries, and flowers available for weekly pickup.
All of our vegetables and berries are certified organic and regeneratively grown in permanent, no-till beds. We experiment with mulching systems, cover crop mixes and herbicide-free termination methods, and equipment such as the roller-crimper and flail mower.
We incorporate and test various conservation plantings in our fields such as wildflower patches, insectary strips, hedgerows, and beetle banks to provide habitat for beneficial insects and pollinators and to manage pests that damage our crops. Our crops fields can be seen filled with pollinators, insects, birds, and wildlife. We believe these practices produce healthier crops.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Summer 2023 Shares:
May 31st – October 27th (22 weeks)
CSA Membership includes a 22-week share of certified organic seasonal veggies, herbs, berries, and flowers available for weekly pickup. Each share has an assortment of 7-10 fresh, seasonal, organic items each week. Yields are enough to feed 2-4 people.
Cost: $725, 50% deposit due at time of registration. It is important to us that all members of our community have access to healthy locally grown foods. We have joined the Monadnock Farm Share Program to assist with any financial barriers. This is an application approval program with a submission deadline of March 30, 2023. Please visit cheshireconservation.org/farmshare to apply. Cheshire County Conservation District (CCCD) is also offering a SNAP CSA Program. Eligible SNAP participants can sign up directly with CCCD on March 22, 2023 or request an appointment.
Pickup: Wednesdays or Fridays from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Please bring a container to transport your share.
2023 CSA Program Details
- $725 for 22 weeks from May 31st to October 27th
- Wednesday or Friday Pickup
- Cut your own herbs and flowers
- Pay in full discounts
- Monthly payments available
- Must pay 50% deposit when signing up
Estimated Harvest Schedule
- Late May – micro herbs, salad greens, baby head lettuces, spring radishes
- June – (same as may) parsley, carrots, beets, green onions, peas, kale, chard
- July – (same as June) tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, beans, basil
- August – (same as July) lots of tomatoes potatoes, garlic
- September – (same as August) kale, broccoli, arugula
- October – (same as September) winter squash, cauliflower, pumpkins
Sign Up Today! must pay 50% deposit – $362.50 – https://link.clover.com/urlshortener/FZQRXX
Sign Up Today! pay in full and save 5% – $688.75 – https://link.clover.com/urlshortener/PvYthy