A Classic Outdoor Summer Camp Experience
Stonewall Farm summer camp has been providing classic outdoor summer camp experiences for children since the early 1990s! The goal of the camp is to provide time for children to connect with nature and learn about the relationship between people, agriculture and the environment through developmentally appropriate experiential learning activities. Children are immersed in the daily rhythms of the farm by helping with farm chores, caring for animals, harvesting and tasting crops and observing and interacting with the natural world. There is plenty of free time incorporated throughout the day to let children’s natural curiosity guide learning and it is, after all, summer! Activities include working with animals, gardening, cooking, nature-based crafts, hiking, playing and fishing in the brook, storytelling, campfires, games and more!
Campers may be registered for one week or as many as they like. Camp runs Monday through Friday from 8:30a-4p. Single day registrations are available once the camp season starts and only if space is available.
Returning for 2024: Mountain Bike Camp for ages 8-14!
Register Early for: Overnight Mini Camp 8/20-23!
**2024 Summer Camp Dates: June 24th – August 23rd Registration will open 2/1/24! Click on the blue buttons below to register**
- Camp runs from June 24th through August 16th, 2024, camp hours are 8:45a-4p
- Rates starting at $245 per week.
- Before Care is available from 7:45-8:45a Monday through Friday for $35/week.
- After Care is available from 4:00-5:15p Monday through Thursday for $40/week.
- Tuition assistance is available on a rolling basis as funding is available (for tuition only, not applicable to extended care). Please contact the office for an application.
- SCROLL DOWN for summer camp FAQs!
Where will your child spend their summer?
Consider giving them the opportunity to explore, learn and play in Stonewall Farm’s 125-acre outdoor classroom and farm!
- Summer 2024This year we are proud to offer a new experience for campers entering 4th-6th grade, weekly theme camps! Campers will spend their mornings immersed in weekly theme activities and afternoons relaxing in our creek, enjoying free forest time and playing traditional camp games!
- 4 Sessions in July & August!Do you have a young mountain biker that is looking to take their skills to the next level? Then you have to check out our mountain biking camp! We are offering 4 separate weeks of mountain biking for kids ages 8-15. Enjoy the outdoors and get active over the summer! Learn new skills, build self-confidence…
Refund and Payment Policy: A non-refundable 50% deposit is due within 10 days of registration to reserve your place. Tuition must be paid in full by June 1st or the spot may be forfeited. Cancellations with at least 4 weeks notice will have any payments added as a credit to the family account. There is a $25 fee for changing camper sessions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: When does summer camp start to fill up, I don’t want to miss out on the week(s) I need?!
A: To guarantee availability we recommend registering for summer camp in February or March.
Q: Why can’t I see every week of summer camp on the registration site?
A: Once the enrollment for a certain week and age group reaches capacity the option is removed from the selection menu.
Q: How many weeks can I register my child for?
A: Due to the popularity of our camp, elementary aged children can be registered for a maximum of 5 camp weeks initially. After May 1st, additional weeks can be added if available.
Q: How large are the group sizes in camp and how many counselors does each group have?
A: Our oldest groups have a maximum of 18 campers per week. Pioneers (incoming 1st graders) have a group maximum of 17 campers. The Adventurers group (incoming Kindergarteners) has a weekly maximum of 16 campers. All groups have two educators with their group at all times.
Q: Do you provide lunch or snacks?
A: We do not provide lunch or snacks. Parents must send lunch, snacks and a water bottle in each day.
Q: I want my child to be in the same group as their friend who is also attending camp the same week. How do I make sure that happens?
A: Please email or call the Education office at 603-352-5577 to submit your request. We will do our best to make sure your request is honored, although we cannot guarantee it. We are usually able to accommodate almost every request we receive.
Q: What age campers do you serve?
A: Campers must have turned 4 by the first of the year in order to attend camp. Our oldest group serves campers who will be entering grades 4-6 in the fall.
Q: What is a typical camp day like?
A: Camp begins with a morning circle which begins promptly at 9a in each group’s designated home base area. Campers then have a morning snack time, followed by their first activity time (garden time, forest time, craft time, playground time, farm animal visits, hiking, etc). Groups stop for a quick bathroom break and then transition to their second morning activity time. Lunch takes place at either 11:40 for younger groups or 12:10 for older groups. In the afternoons campers enjoy one more activity time then change into swimsuits to enjoy our popular creek time! We end each day at the farm with a large group circle around 3:30 where groups sing songs, play games and hear announcements for the following day.